The city of Manila is a city located in the country of the Philippines located in the continent of Asia. The city is considered the capital of the Philippines, and it is inhabited by a large number of residents; Where their number is estimated at more than 14 million people, and its area is 385.5 square kilometers, and thus it is the second largest city in the Philippines in terms of area after Quezon City. The city is considered to have a high economic, social, educational and political center. It also has the main port of the state. It has many landscapes of forests and rivers, and there are more than 100 parks in it, which made it the focus of attention of tourists from all over the world. 
Tourism in Manila
Many tourists visit the city annually to enjoy its attractions and nature, in addition to the fact that the material cost of visiting it is considered low, as more than three million tourists visited the city in 2012, and thus tourism is considered a good source of income for the state . 
The most important tourist attractions in Manila
Among the most important tourist attractions in Manila: 
- Rizal Garden: The garden is located in the middle of the city of Manila, and it extends along Manila Bay, and there are many green plants and wonderful herbs, and there is a bronze and granite monument in Rizal, so many tourists visit it with their families to spend enjoyable times.
- Fort Santiago Castle : The castle was built by the Spaniards by order of the Spanish conqueror Miguel Lopez, and because of the greatness of building the castle and its wonderful view, many tourists were encouraged to visit it. It also overlooks the tomb of Jose Rizual.
- Malacanang Palace : The palace is located on the north bank of the Pasig River located in Manila, and the palace enjoys the presence of many huge halls in it, and there is also a Malacanang garden full of trees and plants in the land surrounding it, and there is a golf course near the palace, which made tourists come to the palace for the diversity of scenery And the activities available in and around the landmarks.
- Manila Museum : It is a museum that displays many pottery and ceramics dating back to the thirteenth century, and it also displays gold pieces and jewelry dating back to the centuries between the tenth century until the fourteenth century, and the museum displayed the works of international artists such as Picasso, but later it took care of the works of local artists.
- Manila Zoo and Botanical Gardens : The garden was established in 1959, and it included more than 12 pens for animals, which numbered 832 animals of 97 different species, and there is a house for reptiles.
- Manila Chinese cemeteries: There are many mausoleums for the families who were killed in the year 45 by the Japanese army, and those shrines are distinguished by their wonderful art and decoration.
- ↑ “where is manila”, www.worldatlas.com, Retrieved 9-8-2018. Edited.
- ↑ Joyce Chepkemoi (01-08-2017), “What Is The Capital City Of The Philippines?”، worldatlas, Retrieved 9-8-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “Places to Visit in Manila”, mapsofworld,22-08-2014، Retrieved 9-8-2018. Edited.