- 1 Tourism in Tbilisi
- 2 things that attract tourists to Tbilisi
- 3 The importance of tourism in Tbilisi
- 4 references
Tourism in Tbilisi
Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia , is located on the banks of the Kura River (Mtkvari), and is surrounded by mountains on three sides. The name Tbilisi, which denotes hot and sulfur water, came in addition to ancient Georgian and Armenian churches, mosques and synagogues, and many distinctive modern buildings. 
Things that attract tourists to Tbilisi
Tbilisi has many features that attract tourists to it, and among these features are the following: 
- It is inexpensive and budget-friendly, as most of the historical monuments are free, and it contains many different international hotels.
- Rich in history, as it is one of the oldest cities in Europe, and includes many historical monuments, as it was ruled by many powers in the Middle Ages, and then the Russian Empire, and still hides the traces of that era in its ancient streets.
- Distinctive architecture including the old city wall and its ruins, Soviet architecture, and modern glass buildings.
- The presence of small and large markets on every corner, where fruits, vegetables, souvenirs, and household items are sold.
- Many music festivals are held throughout the year during the spring, summer and fall seasons.
- It provides restaurants that focus on Georgian food, and other restaurants that serve dishes known in different countries.
- The presence of many museums that show the history of the city, the Soviet occupation, antiquities, art galleries, and folk tools.
The importance of tourism in Tbilisi
Tourism is an important source of income for the country and a way to enhance its position on the international level. Tbilisi is now becoming more popular with the largest number of tourists and the presence of many businesses and the accompanying improvements in certain parts of the city, which has increased economic capital. 
- ↑ Jennifer Walker, “9 reasons to visit Georgia now”، edition.cnn.com, Retrieved 7-8-2018. Edited.
- ↑ Baia Dzagnidze (15-4-2018), “8 Great Reasons to Visit Tbilisi”، theculturetrip.com, Retrieved 12-7-2018. Edited.
- ↑ “#VisitGeorgia: The Ups & Downs of the Georgian Tourism Industry”, georgiatoday.ge,12-2-2018، Retrieved 8-7-2018.